Tuesday 21 April 2015

Art Tips and Tricks.

1. Oil Paint.

So, being an art student at university I've decided to start a blog post series, Art Tips and Tricks. Little life hacks in the art world. (Be sure to keep your eye out for the next one ;)).

In keeping with this series being short and sweet, lets get down to business shall we?


The Oil Paint Dilemma.

For any fellow artists out there, graced by the medium of Oil Paint you will know exactly what I'm talking about. Stains. Oil paint is a an oil based paint (Hence the name April...) meaning when coming in to contact with most materials and skin it can be more than a hellish challenge to recover those perfect jeans or your lucky sweater (people still have those right?). To put it quite simply it just gets everywhere.
I recently had this very dilemma. I SAT IN OIL PAINT! (I know... but cut me some slack, 'clumsy' seemed to be my middle name today. But back to the story...). Green oil paint smudged on my bum (could it get any worse?... yes, I was just about to start my Art Assessment) wearing my favourite blue floral leggings. Life.
But despite all my previous 'clumsy mishaps' with oil and the outcome being nothing but heartbreak. I discovered a solution.
Recovering my leggings to their former glory. The trick is Neat washing up liquid. (How could it have been that simple all along?) Soaking the neat washing up liquid in the infected area (yes, infected. Its a plague among my wardrobe I tell you! aha) then after about 10 minutes, getting a clean dry cloth (one you don't mind getting the oil paint on) with a squeeze of washing up liquid on, rub over the mark with circular motions. AND HAY PRESTO! You'll be able to see the paint lifting off revealing what you thought would be lost forever. Your clothes will live again and will be as sassy as ever. *But be sure to catch the crime while it's still fresh. Once its dried, to the scrap heap it goes!*
 
This post is dedicated to my loves that have been lost at war. (May my many fallen garments rest in peace).
 
 

xoxo -A

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment