Sunday 7 June 2015

Fruit-a-licious Tea Loaf

Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free Healthy Fruity Tea Loaf.



After the Healthy Banana Loaf went down a treat, I've been on the crave train for treats. Giving healthy banana ice-cream a go last night (A scrum-didly-um-tious success, with only one ingredient... frozen banana; blog post may be on its way for this recipe...) and my Blueberry and Lemon Drizzle Loaf was a yummy hit (since I purchased my loaf tin, I've been loaf obsessed!!). I thought I would do some investigating for a healthy and yummy treat, finally coming up with another healthy loaf recipe. Loosely based on the traditional fruit loaf recipe and inspired from several other healthy loaves, without further a do I give to you my Fruit-a-licious Tea Loaf Recipe. (Also known as A Healthy Fruit Tea Loaf...) This recipe is free from refined sugar, wheat and processed ingredients and 100% delicious (if I do say so myself...!)
 
 
 

Fruit-a-licious Tea Loaf Recipe


Ingredients:

200g Ground Almonds
85g Unsalted Butter  
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
65g (1/2 cup) Raisins
65g Dried Apricots
65g Dried Prunes
50g Dried Cranberries
50g Sunflower Seeds/ Mixed Seeds
3 Eggs
1 Medium Orange (Juice and Zest)
Handful of Flaked Almonds
2lb Loaf Tin
 

Instructions:

(Scroll down for step illustrations.)
 
 
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease/ line your 2lb loaf tin. (If using a round or larger/smaller loaf tin the baking time may need to be adjusted or ingredients doubled to get a full loaf.)
 

2. Measure out and prepare your ingredients. With a sharp knife roughly chop the dried apricots and prunes.
 

3. Then, in a large mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients and butter until all the ingredients are combined.
 

4. In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and add to the mixture. Stir well.
 
5. Once you have a paste like mixture with all ingredients combined, scoop the mixture in to your loaf tin.
 

6. For decoration sprinkle your a handful of any leftover dried fruit and mixed seeds.
 

7. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes. Once golden brown and when prodded, firm leave to cool inside the loaf tin. (For an extra check to make sure your loaf is 100% ready, if a skewer is poked through the centre of your loaf and comes out clean, your good to go.)
 
 
Once cool, remove from loaf tin
and
Enjoy!

(A good cuppa on the side is always welcomed ;))
 
 *
 
 




 
 
 

 



 

 
 
 
If I haven't said it enough, this recipe is 'scrum-diddly- um- scious' and deffo worth a bake! Perfect for an afternoon pick me up with an extra special cup of tea or a sweet, yet 100% healthy and good for you, evening treat. It's even a great treat warmed with a low fat spread for a quick breakfast in place of toast. Either way this recipe is a quick, simple and extremely yummy bake that will rock your socks off and never let you down!

Don't forget to tag me on instagram (@apesjackson) and on twitter (@aprilroseo) if you recreate this without a fail, hit of a cake. Comment below if you have any other healthy or just god damn scrummy recipes I should give a whirl.
Give the post a +1 if you'd like to see some of my other recipes on my blog and want to see my Healthy Banana Ice-cream and healthy sweet, nutty and fruity ice-cream variation recipes.

 
Much love,  -A
Xx



That's all for now folks,
 

XOXO -A
<3 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment